Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fishies, Christmas, and School


Our fish had babies about a month ago. All those white flecks on the pot are the babies. Not a very impressive picture, I know. There were probably around 40 of them initially. It's been pretty fun watching them grow. When they first hatch they just look like blobs with eyes, but you can make out tiny bodies and fins now. When we got home from Christmas we found the female cowering in a corner, and the next morning she was on the tank bottom with her fins in shreds, so we put her out of her misery. Apparently the male thinks he's awesome and decided he didn't like her anymore, so for now we'll just let the fry grow and see what happens.

Christmas was fun. We went to Idaho to see the fam. Every Christmas Eve we play these chimes my mom made years ago. In between songs, I was twirling my baton and my 3 or 4 year old nephew Eli says:

Eli: "How are you doing that?"
Me: "Magic"
Eli: "Magic?"
Me: "Yep"
Eli: *slightly hushed voice* "Are you powerful?"

Yes I am, Eli. Yes I am.

Eric introduced us to this gem by singing it non-stop one night while playing cards. I've had this stuck in my head ever since. Thanks alot, Eric.

I also just started my last semester in school. I can't believe I'm actually going to graduate. It's been a long road.

3 comments:

Eric J said...

I could really go for some pizza right now. Or a taco.

NatalieT said...

I wish I was on my last semester! But at least the plan is to graduate before Brooklyn is dating. Ugg. What a mean fish you have. Watch out, he will probably eat the babies.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but after reading your blog I got really hungry!!