Monday, May 24, 2010

"It's Raaaaining. It's Snooooowing...

The old man is..." Wait. What? Snowing? Seriously. And not just any snow. It stuck. And there was a lot of it. Like, slip-and-slide-in-your-car alot. Like, snowing-till-after-10-am alot. What is wrong with Utah???

Now that I'm done with that rant, let me go to another. We all like the good news that Mike got a job. Really. I am reeeeeeally happy that he is done with school and got a job that he seems to enjoy so far. What am I not happy about is my lack of ability to get a job. I've had one real (non-screener) interview and failed. Didn't get it. I wasn't even considered for a job at the school where I student taught. (Granted, it was basically just given to the guy who interned). And I, just today, got a letter in the mail that said based on my screening interview and other things I will not be put into the pool of candidates for Ogden School District. AAAAHHHHH!!!!

Now, I am not pleading for the world to tell me I'm a good teacher and to just hang in there. I KNOW I'm a good teacher and that it is my "destiny" to teach. [I just HAD to put a Lost reference in here...sorry!] I just don't want to wait. I don't want to have gone back for my license for nothing. I don't want to accept that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people applying for the same jobs I am. This is a dreadful waiting game. Bring on the Ding-Dongs and ice cream! (Ha, just joking. No need for that... I already had my chocolate frosting on graham crackers while posting this.)

Now, on a positive note, my brother got married!!!! We are all so excited for the happy couple and the day was awesome! Great weather, great company, great events, GREATNESS! We all love Erin and her family. They are all just so nice and considerate and fun and GREAT! I know, it was great!

Jeremy's the last one of the Heckaman kids to get married. I think my Mom and Dad handled it well--but I think it's just because they have a greater chance of getting more grandbabies!

So, to leave you with smiles on your faces, here's some pics from the GREAT day!

(Yes, I know they are in backwards order. Just go with it.)
(Yes, I know they are small. Just go with it.)
(Yes, I know they do not look professional. Just go with it.)












Oh, both Jeremy and Erin graduated the weekend (Friday) before their wedding (Tuesday). And they moved that same weekend (Saturday). Busy much?

2 comments:

Jenn J. said...

How cute is your new sister-in-law? She looks darling. Congrats to the happy couple.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about the job front. Totally lame if you ask me. Come on over. I just bought double stuff oreos and chocolate ice cream.

I was happy to see the Lost reference. Did you get to see the rest of it?

And lastly, I'm with you on the snow. This weather has got to stop soon, right? I mean, RIGHT?!

Catherine & Jonathan Edie said...

The wedding looks awesome! How fun. I wish we could have made it:(

Good luck with the job searching. I know how you feel, Jon has been going through the same thing. He really wanted to get hired on where he student taught. But instead they hired an intern beacause it is cheaper. I guess its their own fault if they want to miss out on hiring great teachers like you two. Jon always says how sorry they will be when they hear about him at another school and his amazing test scores:) I bet you guys will do that. If anything we heard there are openings in Page!