Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Card Edition


Merry Christmas from the Jenkins!

Ok, so I know this late...but better late than never.

Mike and I don't send out Christmas cards/letters and we probably won't for a while. And with our blog and Facebook, I just can't justify going through that extra bit of work around the holidays. It's still fun to get them, so I do apologize that you don't get one extra card in the mail.

2011 was pretty good to Mike and I. Here's some highlights:

*We both got jobs!! Here's to hoping that in 2012 I get that much closer to getting a full-time contract and that I'll be able to renew my license in 2013!

*We went on a fabulous vacation to Sacramento and San Francisco. We got to spend wonderful time with Desiree, Scott and Kai and Mike got to see the Golden Gate for the SECOND time!! (He still hasn't walked on it yet...so we'll have to go again).

*I got to go to San Diego while Mike worked (but I did miss him!) and visit my parents while they were taking care of grandkids.

*We accomplished our goal of running 5 mile legs in a 40-mile relay race, which prompted our 2012 goal of running 10 mile legs this year, and eventually maybe working up to a half-marathon. (We don't yet have the marathon in our sights yet).

*We got a fabulous pet.

*I successfully made cinnamon rolls! (This isn't really that great for our letter, but I wanted to show off what I did during my Christmas Break).



And here's just some more fun pics of Falkor getting real cozy:



4 comments:

Erin Heckaman said...

Falkor - getting cozy aka getting ready to eat you! Just kidding and I want to try holding him again. Your cinnamon rolls look incredible...emphasis on the "edible" :) Cinnamon rolls seem like they would take a long time to make, and I have been too afraid to try.

Erin Heckaman said...

(rest of comment) Were they very time consuming? If not, send me the recipe please :)

Jennifer (Heckaman) Jenkins said...

You need a couple hours to make them because the dough has to rise, but the actual work doesn't take too long. (And it was fun kneading the bread!)

Lisa said...

Snakes like to get cozy too. See, you should get a snake :)