Both my sister, Desiree, and sister-in-law, Raquel, are expecting. I went to both of their baby showers recently, and it was FUN!
Desiree's was first, even though she's due second. I flew into San Diego a couple days early and then my parents and I drove up to Sacramento. By taking a three hour detour to Lompoc to visit my grand-parents, we were on the road for 12.5 hours. Anywho, it was a surprise to Desiree that I was came to the shower. She was glad I was there and it was good to see them and their home--they've lived there for more than a year and I've never been out there. The shower and weekend was fun. Now I just get to wait for news of the baby boys' arrival!
I wasn't planning on going to Raquel's shower, but the timing worked out that it would be doable. It was closer, in St George, so it was just a short jaunt of 8 hours drive from Idaho (I broke it into two days' worth of driving by staying in Orem). I realized I hadn't been to St George since Thanksgiving, which is a LONG time considering how close it is. But, it was great having my two nieces run up to me and hug me as if I had spent no time away. They are adorable. It was also good to be in St George because of my grandpa's failing health--I'm glad I could see him again. So, this weekend was fun too. And Raquel is soooo ready to go into labor. It would have been awesome if she delivered while I was there. But such was not the case. Oh, and she's having a boy too.
PS--we aren't expecting, in case the title led you to believe that.
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment