Comin down on a sunny day?
Mike and I went to Idaho Falls this last weekend so Mike could go camping with some high school friends at Rigby Lake. It was a nice weekend and the weather there was beautiful. AND I got to play tennis with his parents and sister.
Anywho, we left on Sunday and noticed a couple rain/stormy clouds that we might have to go through. Five minutes after we got on the freeway we were in the middle of the heaviest rain I have EVER seen. In a 75 mph speed limit zone we were going 35, because of rain. And it went from bad to worse. I had to turn my wiper blades on full blast, but soon noticed that the driver blade was SLIDING OFF!!! It got about five inches out, so I had to sit as tall as I could to see out...
The rain only lasted ten or fifteen minutes, and we decided to stop in Blackfoot (about 30 min out of IF) to get wiper blades at Wally World. We make our selection and go out to replace them. The passenger blade snapped on fine. The driver one not so much. We considered exchanging it, but wanted to be on our way so we left thinking we wouldn't need to use the wipers again. And we didn't, until we reached Pleasant Grove (about 20 min from home). It started to rain, and the new wipers were working good and my window was spotless. Until I heard a *whack* against the car. I thought we hit something, but there was nothing in the road. *Whack* again. And again. Oh shoot!!! My entire blade is coming off! And before I could do anything productive, it went into the middle of traffic. (I think it went straight down and didn't hit anyone's car--if it did, I am SO sorry!!!)
Needless to say, we went to Walmart in Lindon and splurged the extra two dollars to get a better quality of blade for the driver side. And we made sure it fit securely before leaving.
As per Steve's advice, I think we'll be purchasing new blades every year... Oh, and Steve, we did see some "lightening" during the rain storm... (HA!)
13 years ago

2 comments:
I don't know if you thought it was funny?!?!... but you had me laughing with this story.
So maybe we will be getting you a extra set of windsheild wipers before a diaper genie.....
Post a Comment