Jeremy, my brother, bought some airsoft guns on his mission. When he tired of them, he sent them home. He had them with him at BYU--for the first one or two apartments he stayed in. But, he never used them. So, one time when Jeremy was moving, a year ago or so, he asked if Mike and I can store them (and a few other boxes) at our place--just until he settled into his new apartment. A week went by, and Mike asked me if Jeremy was ever going to pick up his stuff. I figured a call was needed, and Jeremy came by some time later. While picking up his stuff, he decided since he never used his airsoft guns, he would just leave them at our place. Graciously, he said if we sold them, we could keep the profit.
Flash forward to a year later--Saturday night:
Mike has been asking me, about once a month, when I will sell the guns. I keep telling him I will...later. Finally, Mike gives me an ultimatum on Saturday night--post the guns by 6 o'clock or they're going to DI. Ugh. Fine.
So, I'm new to this whole KSL (Utah's better and faster-selling version of craigslist) thing and ask Mike a TON of questions. In the end, I posted a pretty good add and was selling both for $25 or $15 each. Here's the pics:
Pretty sweet deal if I do say so myself. Anywho, I get a phone call from some kid saying he wants the "machine gun." (Nowhere in my posting did I call it that, because I have NO idea what these things are). I tell him he can come by Monday night and get it. He asks if they work. I tell him yes, of course (even though I hadn't actually tested them). He says ok, and I give him our address. I call Jeremy to ask if they work--and he tells me the machine gun needs a charger. I look for the charger, and there is no charger. Ugh. I call the kid back and tell him I have no charger. He says that's ok, because he has a charger. But he has no idea where it is. I tell him that if he finds it, he can have the airsoft for free. He says, I'll look!!
Later Sunday night, a guy calls and says he wants them both. I tell him that I have no charger, so I'll knock $5 off the deal (I lost my generosity quickly). He says no problem because he has a charger and really wants them both. I say ok and give him my address. Really, I never told the kid I would hold onto them if I got another offer...
Monday, while I at work, I received about 10 calls from the kid. But, since I'm at work, I can't get the messages until I'm off work. (I DID tell the kid I wasn't available because of work.) So, the message the kid tells me is that they'll come by that night to pick up the gun. No question as to whether or not that's ok with me. So, I call the kid back and leave a message saying it was sold.
So, the guy who pays for them comes and gets them. Sweet deal and I have 20 bucks in my pocket.
Until... The kid shows up at my door wanting the gun!!! What?!? Did you not get my message? Why in the world would you come by? The only thing I can figure is that they had a ways to drive and had already left their home by the time I called. But really? You wouldn't want a verbal confirmation from me BEFORE you drove that far? Ugh.
After about an hour of discussing how waaaay awkward that was for us, we were over it. Mike was happy because the guns were gone. I was happy because I have 20 bucks!
PS This is in no way libel against Jeremy or Mike. They're two of my favorite people--one being more favorite than the other, of course!

3 comments:
Wait. Go back to that part where a kid wanted to buy a machine gun...
Hmm.
Ya. I was glad to hear he didn't pull a gun on you!!
I'm a little upset that you sold those for so cheap... I mean, you get to keep the money either way, but those things were awesome.
Post a Comment