...One to go. At least for the cold winter holidays.
For Thanksgiving Mike and I were planning on going to California (Sacramento) to spend the weekend with my sister (and family) and my parents. We were planning all kinds of fun stuff and were looking forward to a warm(er) weekend and spending time with my adorable nephew.
Of course, this trip was going to be determined by the weather--and the weather didn't care for us to go. Up until Thanksgiving, the weather has been realtively nice...but then this "blizzard" comes across the NW US and stops everything. We have never driven over the Sierra Nevadas (Donner Pass) in the winter, so we didn't know what to expect. But every time we looked at the road conditions, chains were required. We don't have chains, and even if we did our vehicles are not really snow-terrain. So we decided better safe than sorry.
The blizzard that was supposed to hit before we left was not all it was cracked up to be, but we knew there was supposed to be bad weather on our way home from CA as well--and that actually did hit us. We woke up today to about 4-6 in of snow...and strong wind. Our cars are in a car port and aren't snowed on at all--but the wind COVERED our cars in snow from top to bottom.
So, for Thanksgiving, Mike and I enjoyed a leaisurely, relaxing weekend at home. We did have Thanksgiving dinner--with turkey, potatoes & gravy, rolls, corn, and mac 'n' cheese (homemade...mmmm). We still have leftovers!
And of course we went to WalMart for Black Friday. I got there at 9, and Mike came at 11. We wanted a super great deal on a flat screen tv. I was first in line...and waited for 8 hours!!! Don't worry that there were probably at least 50 tvs left after every one in line got one. But how were we supposed to know there would be SO MANY tvs? Oh well. We have it and it is soooo much better than our old one. I used to think that "HD" was over-rated (much like BYU football--oooooh ;) ), but HD is truly amazing. I am sold!
In other news, I should be glazing some pots in my pottery class this next week. I have been meaning to take my camera for the past three classes, but always forget! I hope my pots turn out great. So far I have fired three and hope to trim and fire three more before I am done. If I remember pictures, I will be posting!
And sadly, there is something wrong with our fish tank. We can't figure out what, but have lost several fish over the last couple of weeks. 4 corys, 1 black neon tetra, 1 zebra danio (disappeared), 1 loach, and the beautiful beta. We have also not seen our bamboo shrimp or 2nd loach in a while. None of the fish show signs of disease, but just suddenly are lying dead on the rocks... :( We just won't be buying any for a while and will try to clean the tank more often. We'll see what happens.
13 years ago

2 comments:
Very impressive that you even made a Thanksgiving dinner. You will have to tell me how to cook a turkey. Spencer and I were just thinking this year that we have never had to make that part of Thanksgiving dinner. We missed you guys and were thinking of you while we were at Walmart as well.
So does that mean you think that BYU football isn't overrated anymore either?
Post a Comment