I've grown out my hair for three years in hopes of showing my mom some support as she deals with chemo and losing her hair. I've been told I have nice hair and my mom always liked it, so I thought I would be able to make a wig for her out my hair some day. When I found out that no wigs are made in the US, and that online sites charge thousands of dollars, I decided she would not be the beneficiary of my donation.
But someone can--I donated my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lenghts. They make wigs for women who have lost their hair to chemo. I figure if it can't be my mom, let it be someone dealing with the same tough stuff as she is. It may help them to grow stronger and fight the cancer, or it may just help them feel better about themselves. Either way, someone could use it more than me.
And even though it feels great to have done a good deed, it feels better having a lighter head and no more tangles!

4 comments:
You do have beautiful hair, long or short. Someone is going to be very happy with your hair. The new do is super cute too.
I know I already told you this, but you look STUNNING! And I love what you did.
I've been wanting to cut my hair and I think this is so cool, so I looked up the requirements to see if I could donate mine, then I read this:
"Hair cannot be bleached, permanently colored or chemically treated."
I guess I'm out. :)
But I'm still LOVING yours. Way to go, Jen. You look amazing. :)
I love it! It looks super cute! I donated my hair to Locks of Love and felt great about doing it too. It's something I've always wanted to do since my Mom had cancer -although she never wore a wig, just these cute little knit hats with flowers on them. I hope your Mom is doing well. Love ya!
Oh, and just so you know -you can cut and paste the pictures where you want them instead of the text. Just try moving one of the pictures with your mouse and the photo will highlight blue -then right click, cut and paste. Hope this works better for you cuz I love your blogs. =)
Post a Comment