I have to admit that I am a little sexist. Don't get me wrong--women are capable of doing most things men are and women should get fair pay in the work place and should be treated fairly, blah, blah, blah. But, alot of women aren't very good drivers. Women aren't as strong, typically, as men. Women shouldn't wrestle or play football. And women make better moms than men do, you know?
And, what does this have to do with grill safety you ask? MEN SHOULD GRILL. Women should not. And I say this from experience. What happened?? Well, it was a doozy.
I was making the hot dogs today. Simple task, right? Well, I light the grill and go back inside to work on other stuff while it warms up. When I go back, about ten minutes later, the temp hasn't risen at all.
"What? It didn't light? I was pretty sure I heard I the ignition. Hmm... Maybe I should try lighting it again..."
At this point, I am sure you are asking if I turned it off before trying again. You know, letting the gigantic fume ball of propane disipate before giving it access to an open flame? Yeah, that did NOT happen.
Whoops! I try lighting it (it has an ignitor on the grill, like a gas stove top) and luckily the lid was closed. The next thing I know is I hear a pretty big explosion and a pretty big, not dangerous, but scary fire ball coming out of the grill.
I went inside and told Mike that I am never allowed to grill again.
ps-I am alive, and nothing bad happened (like me getting hurt or the grill breaking/burning to the ground). Mike helped me do everything again; to help me learn and make sure I wouldn't burn our whole block down. And the hot dogs were delicious!
13 years ago

3 comments:
Yikes! I'm so glad you're ok! I'v been wanting to try our grill but I'm afraid of it because there used to be blackwidows down under (my most feared enemy).
That's a great story!! Didn't mean to laugh, but it was funny. So glad you are okay!! I've singed my eyebrows/eyelashes off grilling. I feel your pain.
If our whole house burned down and there was nothing left to cook on besides a grill, my whole family would starve. I have no idea how to use those things and they scare me for this very reason. :) I'm glad you are all okay and that the grill is fine too. Did the hot dogs have a little bit of a propaney taste to them? ;)
Post a Comment