We ran our second 5k last Saturday in the Timp Tri & 5k race. I was worried it would be a bit rough since we ran it the day after we returned from our trip to California, but it went just fine. We are both in better shape now, plus there was no forced walking section like last race, so we both improved on our times significantly. This race was a lot fancier than the last one. They wrote our numbers on our arms, our age on our calf, and we wore an electronic timer on our ankle.
It was actually a triathlon with a 5k tacked on almost as an afterthought. Unfortunately, they didn't announce before the race that there was a separate finish line for the 5k-only people. I crossed the line into the transition area (what I thought was the finish line), walked to our car to get the camera, came back, and noticed that there was now someone directing a few 5k runners to a separate finish line. I asked about it, and then swung my leg across the sensor so my time was recorded, so my recorded time is about 6 minutes slower than it should have been.
Since this was mostly a triathlon, there weren't many 5k-only runners. Had my time been recorded accurately, I would have gotten first place by a big margin and won a medal. Oh well, at least I was keeping track myself so I know what my real time was.
Jen showing off her number
A guy dressed as Robin. There were a few people running in costumes, including Robin, Batman, and the Tin Man. They were doing it as a fundraiser for someone.
Batman on the left, Tin Man on the right.
Final stretch for Jen. Check out how she's leaving those other people in her dust.
Getting close! Right about now I'm shouting at Jen where she's supposed to finish. See the guy in the orange vest? He was supposed to be directing the 5k runners to the other finish line. Note how he is standing backwards and not paying attention.
Jen crossing the real finish line. I "finished" at the banner back there that says, "RUN." That guy in the picture almost walked into Jen at the finish line. Like I said, they didn't tell anyone this was the finish line for the 5k-only runners, so I'm sure he had no idea he was getting in the way.
There were also some professional photographers there taking everyone's picture, so you can see some other photos of us at their website,
http://www.zazoosh.com/events/409You can search for our photos by our race numbers. Jen was 104, and I was 105. If you want, you can even order a poster of us running and hang it on your living room wall. If you want to see Robin on his sweet bike, he's 68. You can see me right behind him during the run. Soon after that I burned by him. It was only a small victory since I'm sure he was saving his strength for the bike.
5 comments:
Look at you two, budding superstars. What am I saying, you are already there. I do think you should have dressed up though.
I looked at the link. I like the picture where jen looks like she is about to die and where Mike looks like he is in pain. very funny. It makes me wonder what I would look like? too bad no one will ever find out. :) good job guys
Awesome! And those are some high quality photos on that website. I don't know who wouldn't want one of those bad boys framed in their entryway.
You should see your posters hanging on my living room wall. They light up the whole room!!
Nice biceps, 104! Nice biceps.
Post a Comment