Sunday, May 15, 2011

Catch Up...

...and mustard. Sorry, couldn't resist.





Anywho, we haven't posted in a while and we need to. Mike asked me the other day if I am going to blog about our California (summer) vacation. I hadn't even realised that we haven't blogged about it...probably because I posted pictures on facebook. Oh well. And guess what? I'm not blogging about that right now anyway. I will, but don't feel like it now.




Alright. Why are we posting so much about running and 5k's recently? Well, we have a couple reasons. Mike's friend recently lost 40 lbs and was rewarded with a PS3 gaming console. I told Mike that if he were able to complete a comparable task, he could be rewarded with the same thing... so he could play games online with his friend. Well, by giving him that, he knew I was actually serious about wanting us to get in shape. So he's become my (our) trainer and we have a goal deadline for the end of this summer.


Reason two is that we are training for a relay race in June. In Idaho Falls, there's a 40-mile race called To Bone and Back. It's 20 miles to a small town called Bone, and then back again. Mike and I will both be taking a 5-mile leg of that race. We're way excited for it and are hoping that we'll be able to not only survive, but do well.


Besides what we've already posted about, I recently ran with Jeremy and Erin in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in Salt Lake, and we have one more 5k together in about 3 weeks (I think).



It was a really fun race, but there were soooo many people there. I think I could have finished faster if I caould have had more room to move! There were walkers and runners, and the road was packed the entire race...and there were people pouring in to the finish line at least a half hour after I finished. It was crazy!



Our team name was "Team Mimi" of course, and I made shirts for us so we could be snazzy and match. This is what I had on the back:




Here's the most awesome team there!





Mike came and was the official photographer for our team. He didn't sign up for the race, and it's a good thing. He got sick in the middle of our day in Salt Lake.




Like I said, there were sooooo many people there!



No comments: