Several weeks ago we were watching an episode of Roseanne. Roseanne was describing how evil her mom was by saying her mom thought Old Yeller had it coming. Jen has never seen Old Yeller, so we put it on our Netflix queue. We just got done watching it.
Jen: So it's a little sad, but it's not that sad. He did kind of have it coming.
Me: WHAT?!
Jen: He had rabies! He had it coming! Plus I kind of had to keep myself from laughing at some points near the end.
Me: *staring at her in disbelief* Oh my gosh. What is wrong with you?
Jen: *uncontrolled laughter*
I fear my wife may have no soul.
13 years ago

4 comments:
Oy. And does she also think "Where the Red Fern Grows" is a comedy? ;) She can hang out with the Samoan missionaries who ate dinner at our house and thought my Dog would make an excellent snack. (They killed and cooked a dog on the Rez for real, and got in BIG trouble for it -what're ya gonna do when you get a craving?)
So, this isn't completely accurate. In my defense: 1. I've never owned a pet that I was attached to, so I don't know what losing a pet like that is like. 2. He did have rabies and was a danger. 3. That stupid kid drove me crazy and made me angry--you can't be sad when you're angry. 4. I knew what was going to happen.
Does that make me less crazy?
And I haven't seen or read Where the Red Fern Grows in a looong time, so no comment. :)
You are a terrible person.
It just proves the you need to see Old Yellar as a child.
Post a Comment