Monday, August 15, 2011

The Good News

For anyone who is not on Facebook, I have some very good and exciting news. Drumroll please:

dududududududu....

I got a teaching job! I interviewed last week and they called me that same day to offer it to me. They said they felt strongly that I would fit really well into their already established department.

Before you get waaay excited, it is only an hourly position and I do have only two classes. Don't get me wrong--I am waaaay excited. And this is 50 steps closer to my end goal than subbing. It's just, you know, not the perfect job. (Does that exist?)

So, it's a 7th grade course, where the first semester will be a "student success" class and then Utah History for the second semester. The student success class is a new development for the school, and the area. It helps the 7th graders transition into the secondary school expectations and also helps them become life-long learners (organization, manners, planners, research, internet safety, etc, are all topics of discussion). It will be interesting...

Since it's only part-time, I have plenty of time to sub. Works out well...

Yay me!

2 comments:

Jenn J. said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! This is great news! One more step in the right direction.

Nancy said...

Yay! Sounds fun! Congratz!