I subbed today at High School, which is totally different than Jr High. I usually don't enjoy high school as much--there's usually more attitude and the kids try soooo hard to NOT do what they should be doing. But today was mostly enjoyable. It didn't hurt that it was Social Studies!
That's not what made me feel old(er).
As I was driving home from Provo (where Mike and I lived our first year) I thought about some girls I knew from my calling in that ward. I was the Mia Maid advisor. It was 6 years ago; they were 14 and 15 years old. And then BAM! 14 + 6 is 20!! Those girls are OUT of high school. They could be on missions or married. They certainly are MUCH older and (hopefully) more mature than when I knew them.
And that is what made me feel old(er).
13 years ago

3 comments:
Some years ago I felt really old when I started receiving wedding invitations from people I used to babysit. Actually, all of the kids I used to babysit around here are married (mostly with babies). I am going to stop thinking about this now. :)
This same thing happens to me all the time! I have no idea how it is that I don't get old, but everyone else around me does. :)
Yep. I feel your pain. It's bad when you boss is as old as one of your children.
Post a Comment