I feel bad about not blogging for a while. But not much has been happening...
I've been trying to work a lot (pick up a lot of sub jobs) to make up for the fact that I won't be getting paid for a week during Spring Break. I am still enjoying my own classes, immensely, and will be sad to see them go at the end of the year. I am realllllly hoping to pick up a full-time contract at the same school for next year, but I am just waiting to see what happens. We have finally entered the season of job postings and interviews, and my chances are better this year than they were last, but I still just have to wait and see.
We did our taxes. Not the most enjoyable of ventures, but we survived it.
Mike's back is feeling better and he's been able to get back into training for Bone and Back. It certainly makes it easier to work out when you have the support! Mike helped me make my training schedule so I'm ready to run 10 miles by June (he doesn't have to be one the same schedule because he's only running 5, but he has to worry about running uphill the WHOLE way). It kind of scares me to know that I will be running 10 miles soon... and that my easier days will soon be 6 mile runs, instead of 2 mile runs... Eek! But, "I can do this!"
My parents have moved, semi-officially, to St George. I think they've told everyone, so I can finally say something. I went down to San Diego on a Friday with my brother, a 16 ft trailer and his 3 kids. I came back to St George Saturday with my mom, and the 3 kids. We unpacked the trailer Sunday morning and I drove back to Pleasant Grove a couple hours later. It was a busy weekend!!! But fun, and I am excited that my parents will be closer. It will be nice to visit them without having to plan a week's vacation. However, it hasn't yet set in that I won't be visiting San Diego as often, if ever.
Oh, and we woke up the other night thinking someone broke into our house. At about 3 in the morning, we woke up the sound of a woman's voice. We both lay there for a couple seconds getting our bearings and trying to figure out if it was our neighbors, and where it was coming from. Sure enough, it was coming from downstairs. Mike told me to stay put and he went and grabbed our two dumb-bell bars and went downstairs. While he was gone, all I could think about was how our cell-phones were both downstairs... So I grabbed some scissors, and waited. Mike finally called up that everything was fine. It was our laptop, that likes to just turn on in the middle of the night, even though it's closed. It had refreshed everything, and I had left the internet browser open, on a website with a video clip that I wanted to remember to watch. The video clip started playing on its own, and it was loud. Yay for not getting robbed! But oh so painful the next morning when we couldn't go back to sleep for the next 2 hours.
That's all... Not very exciting, huh?
13 years ago

2 comments:
Thinking that someone has broken into your house is enough excitement I think. That would have scared me to death.
Sounds like things are going well. I hope you get a full-time gig next year! I really love that your weapons of choice are dumbbells and a pair of scissors. I'm totally not messing with you guys.
Post a Comment