Saturday, August 24, 2013

How can I have forgotten the THANKS!?!

I just posted about how awesome it is to own a home (where we can have spontaneous fires in our pit), but I forgot to say thanks to everyone for the help they gave.

Noel and Nancy - they came all the way from Idaho Falls to help us move. They got straight to work on the Saturday when we moved. And Nancy got busy cleaning the apartment as soon as I gave the word. She even wanted to go back to the apartment before leaving to go home so she could finish up the bathroom she had been working on.

Eric and Jenn and their little ones - It was so awesome to have all the extra helpers to the clean the low floor boards and some of the walls. I loved how Sadie told me how she had so much experience cleaning floor boards and how they even clean them with toothbrushes! Oh, and Eric, we're glad you christened the home!

Steve - How many times have you helped us move? But we shouldn't need to ask you for a while! And thanks for taking care of putting all the boxes in, and taking them out of the truck.

Jeremy and Erin - Again willing to do anything asked, even cleaning without being warned about it before agreeing to come!

Mom - Seriously, I would never have been able to have everything clean and ready in the house before moving if I hadn't had help, and ideas for cleaning or just making it our own. So great to have you here!

Dad - even though he wasn't here, it was nice to have the support from him over the phone, and for the house warming gifts!

The plumber and carpet cleaners - do I need to explain?

3 comments:

Erin Heckaman said...

Did you ever locate the missing box?

Jennifer (Heckaman) Jenkins said...

Nope! And we've added a couple things to the list of what we think is in "the box." Oh well - I'm trying not to lose sleep over it.

Eric J said...

Happy to help. Call me whenever you need something spilled at your place.