Sunday, February 8, 2009

Guilty...

So, as my loving husband has now pointed out on his blog, I am not very consistent with this thing. I know all my loyal readers are just so anxious for updates, so my goal is to write at least once a week. (That's Mike's goal, so let's see who can keep up--teamwork, right?!?)

My last post was regarding special education, which is a concern for almost every new teacher going into the field. However, I have heard numerous times that the fear diminishes and will become void over time and through experience. I believe that. I am in a class right now that is called exceptional students and all we talk about is ways to be the best teacher for all of our students and how important it is for every child, regardless of physical and mental abilities, should receive the best education they are capable of receiving. It is my job to provide that and I am up to the challenge. And it will be difficult, but every day is, right?

So, this is my last semester of classes and then in the Fall I student teach. I'm excited to learn of my assignment, but I've heard some horror stories of students having to work with really bad teachers. I just have to wait and see. But in the mean time, I have to wait to find out what we'll be doing in the summer. Mike is trying and hoping to get an internship. We would like to go somewhere for that internship, like CA or ID and live with either my parents or his, but we won't know for a while. He's looking at ones around here too, but going somewhere else would be so much fun. AAAHHHH!!!! Why do I have to wait to find out what life will be like???

No comments: