Last week it snowed, again. It wasn't that bad/deep, but the roads happened to be a little slippery on my way to school at 7:30. Ugh. On my route, I have to go down a big hill (University Parkway towards the freeway). I was going down okay. I happened to pass an accident at an intersection--3 cars were involved. I also got honked at by a big truck because I was going too slow (don't worry, when he passed I gave him the hand--really, the whole hand, not just one finger--and I yelled at him "It's Freakin snowing!" in case he didn't know that's why I was going slow).
Anywho, on my way down I needed to slow, so I pressed on the brakes, lightly. I started sliding, so my California instinct told me to press on the brakes harder, and I started to slide some more, then brake some more, etc. That vicious cycle continued until my car made a clunking noise. When I pressed on the brakes one more time, they no longer felt the same. The brake pedal was REALLY hard to press down, didn't move as far in as it was supposed to, and wasn't slowing my car until the very last milimeter (really last second). I started thinking "Holy Crap!!! My brakes won't work!!!" I said that over and over until I made myself think of something to do. I rolled into the curb (thank goodness my car slowed before the clunking noise or I would have rolled over the curb and into the brick wall next to the sidewalk. And thank goodness I was next to the curb so I could roll into it instead of a car.) Aaaahhhh, good times.
It turns out all I had to do was turn off my car and then turn it back on and my brakes were good as new. My dad reminded me cars are just computers now and need to be rebooted sometimes. Stupid (technology) cars.
13 years ago

1 comment:
That's scary! Snow is most definitely NOT fun. Also, it's cold. :) It needs to leave now.
Post a Comment