Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Can I get a WHAT WHAT?!?!?

So, there's no delicate way to put this, so I'm just gonna lay it out there. Plain as can be...

I got the results from my test today. For the last week I've been randomly checking the Praxis website to see if my results were updated. They weren't, and weren't and weren't. But, today, they were. UH-OH! The first time I had checked to see if the results were available, I had decided that I would not be physically capable of checking the results for myself. So I had Mike memorize my username and password and even log in a couple times for practice. I know--I was stressing out!

This morning, I woke up and got online. My routine is to check my email, facebook, and my blog. That's it. Well, on my blog Jenn had posted a note regarding my test--it made me laugh. And it made me want to check to see if the results were in. (Remember, when I had taken the test, they told me that the results would be available within about 4 weeks--the 25th... It's not that late yet, so I wasn't expecting anything). But, as soon as I logged in, there was a link to see available test results. I couldn't do it. I thought about it, but I just couldn't. It was about 8:30.

Mike was still in bed--he's been sick and just can't sleep well. He told me not to wake him before noon--it's also summer break, so he deserves to sleep in. And I honored his request. I waited, and waited and waited. I watched 30 Rock to keep my mind off the results. (It's a funny show by the way--highly recommended. And the entirety of season 3--the most recent season--is on hulu until the 23rd of this month). Anywho, I waited until about 11:00. Mike woke up early.

If you know Mike, you know he takes a while to actually wake up. Even if he's out of bed, he might not be entirely awake, especially when he is sick. So I waited until he started a conversation, albeit a short one. When he was finished, I told him he had a very important mission and asked if he would accept. He did, so I handed him the computer, with the saved Praxis website--I had even saved him a step and was already logged in (from 8:30).

I can't take the pressure, so I hide under the blanket. I am stressing and don't know what to do with my limbs, so they just keep moving and fidgeting on their own accord. Mike tells me the site won't work. WHAT!??!?!?!? The login had timed out. AAAAAGGGGHHH! He has to log back in, but uses the incorrect login. AAAAGGGHHH! On the third try (after I gave him the correct password--yes, it was all my mistake), he was able to login. And asks me where to go--there's only one link on the page!!! AAAAGGGHH! He goes to the link, and it takes forever to load. FOREVER!

Finally, he asks me what a passing score it. 159. But he still doesn't say anything, forever! AAAAAGGHHHH! I ask him if it says anything, and he says, "hold on..." AAAAGGGHHHH!

**If you're wondering why I am dragging this out, rather than just telling you the results, it's because I want you to know how it felt for me this morning**

Finally, he tells me that I smoked the test. This is about how it went:

"Are you serious?!?!?"

"yes."

"For real?!?!?!"

"yes."

"WHAT I'D GET?!?!?!?"

"180"

"WOOOOOO HOOOOOO" and I started banging my fists on the coffee table and gave Mike approx 10 high-fives.

In the end, it was still a very difficult test, and I got a lot of questions wrong. Fortunately, I did better than average.

AND, a BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG thank you to EVERYONE who believed in me and told me they knew I would pass. You were right. WOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!


*Stay tuned for exciting details about my student teaching that I start on the 31st. I already went to administrative meetings and met fellow teachers--FUN!

7 comments:

Brett and Beth Harris said...

I am not gonna give you a what what but you do get a woop woop! Gosh Jen, you are going places....

Anonymous said...

that is the best news I had this week. Congratulations!!!

Jenn J. said...

Booyah! Congratulations, Jen! And to think you ever doubted yourself... crazy talk.
Do I feel a marshmallow roast coming on??

Anna said...

Yay! Congratulations! Loved the step by step of your morning. I was way into it. Good job! (on the test that is... well and on your blog too. Very entertaining)

Nancy said...

You have another friend named nancy! I actually paused to consider if I had already posted my congratz and just forgotten -I am super tired /semi delusional, but nope -I'm capital N. ; ) Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy that you are free finally!

Jason, Liz, and Troy said...

Congratulations! I really hated that test so I'm glad to see that you passed it. Good luck with student teaching!

Jaimers said...

That's fantastic! Well done! I hate taking tests, so glad those days are over. I was never any good at it, anyway! Go on you clever girl!