
My grandpa wrote a book a couple years. He said he just had a strong impression to work on it and have it complete soon. Little did we know, at the time, why he had that impression. It's a good thing he acted on it and did not procrastinate...
Well, I've been reading the book and it is fascinating. Some of the stories I've heard before, but most of it is news to me. It's crazy the things that he's done and things that have happened to him! According to him, he's survived near-death accidents at least a dozen times (and he's only in his twenties in the part where I'm at).
I might post random things online of events from the book that stand out to me. The coolest thing I've read so far is that he worked on the Enola Gay. That's one of the planes that dropped an atomic bomb on Japan during World War II. (He was an airplane mechanic for a short time right out of high school). He wasn't enlisted and didn't have anything to do with the planning, but he was so close to events that changed the course of history for the entire world. CRAZY!
2 comments:
This is awesome! I loved reading my Grandpa Pratt's Life History after he passed away! He was a prisoner of war in WWII and had a lot of amazing life saving experiences and blessings. It really helped me get to know him better. I look forward to hearing more about your Gramps = )
I need to read it again! I read it when we visited for Grandma's party. It is such a treasure to have in the family. It's interesting to see what parts stick out to others. I don't remember reading the bit about him working on that plane. Interesting!
Post a Comment