Each one of the classes has an interesting dynamic and their own (talking) problems that I have to work out. I will say that I wish students could eat during class so the students before lunch aren't so agitated, anxious, and talkative. My classes right before lunch, both A and B days, are the most difficult to keep on task.
Planning was fun. I worry about if I have enough material to fill an entire period, but I haven't had a problem yet. One day, I even gave the US course too much reading that we only got about half way through my plans. I had to adjust the schedule for the following day so I could stay on track for the test. (And the test will be interesting. I have to create the questions and make sure they are easy enough for the students to answer, but are adequate for showing what the students have learned...)My cooperating teacher and I talked about the week on Friday and he says I'm doing a pretty good job. He's not in the classroom all the time, but he's seen enough to know I'm giving the students enough material and expecting them to perform at the right level. YEA!
It's smooth sailing from here, right?

1 comment:
Good job Jen. I think you should requisition snacks for your before lunch kids. Maybe something laced with Benadryl :D
Post a Comment