Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Black Widow

I was talking on the phone when a spider started falling down on a thread from the window sill in our bedroom. At first I grabbed a shoe to smash it, but then I noticed how black it was, so I yelled at Jen to get a container. Further analysis revealed that it was a black widow spider. This is only the second time I've seen one in real life. It's pretty big, about as big as any hobo spiders I've come across. I'm not very happy about it.

I tried to get a picture of the red hourglass on the belly, but the pictures are all too blurry, so here's a some side views. Sorry the photos are blurry, but this is the best I could get.






5 comments:

NatalieT said...

You know that is going to give me nightmares right?

Lisa said...

That is just sick and wrong.

Jennifer (Heckaman) Jenkins said...

Nightmares? Seriously? Try having that collected from your BEDROOM!!! You know how Mike said he wasn't happy about it? Unhappy does not begin to describe how I feel. Talk about not being able to sleep well!

Jenn J. said...

Gross!! Get rid of that thing!

Wildfire said...

You should use it to decorate for Halloween!!