The budget's been tight, so we don't go out to eat often. I'd say maybe once every two weeks and we spend less than $5 on the two of us. Did someone say "Dollar Menu!" I chose to make one of my favorite, cheap, easy, calorie rich meals that is soooo delicious!
I open a can of Hormel Tamales, drop them into the pan and unwrap them.
I then open a can of Hormel Chili-No Beans-and spread it around the Tamales. 

When it's hot enough, I pour it all into a bowl and spread cheese on top. DELICIOUS! It looks about like this:

By the looks of it, you would think it's not appetizing. But believe me. It's so tasty! And if you would like to know where I got it from, you can talk to my Mom or Dad. I'm not sure which one did it first, but they both love it too. MMMMMMMMMM.
p.s. Just to stop anyone from asking questions, I'm NOT getting paid to advertise!

4 comments:
We used to make this all the time when the kids were young. We all loved it. I hope you had a great birthday. Sorry I missed you when I called.
Did my mom just say that we had it all the time growing up? I must have gotten in trouble and had been sent to bed without dinner EVERYTIME because I can not remember a time that we have had that. I do like tomales and haven't had them in a very long time, so I am going to try your little favorite meal and tell you what I think. Happy Birthday by the way. I saw you on my calendar on Sunday but totally spaced it. Hope you had a good one!!!
I was just thinking, "Hey, mom used to make that."
Happy late Birthday!
Post a Comment