So, I have to take a class at UVU this semester. I was there tonight, and this girl, who I've never had a conversation with, asked, sweetly and matronly...
"Are you pregnant?"
"Noooo..."
"Oh, not that you look it, but you've got saltines. You definitely don't look pregnant."
"Ah, gotcha."
13 years ago

8 comments:
You totally don't look pregnant!! I got asked if I was pregnant at the temple once from this little old lady. It was about 4 months after I had Thomas. I told her that I wasn't but that I just had one 4 months ago so that I probably still look a little like it. She went on saying that it was okay and to keep exercising. Thanks a lot. I couldn't concentrate the entire rest of the time. :)
Think of it as a teaching moment from you to her. Hopefully now she will think before she speaks when she sees someone with saltines.
Ha! I've gotten that several times! Then people try and cover it up by saying "I mean you're super skinny, you just look like you're glowing". Whatever. Remember poor Mrs. Randall?
Ahh yes... I've had one of those moments. Kind of awkward.
You forgot to tell us that she was blind!! Obviously....
I have such nice friends and family! :) And Nancy D... I do remember Mrs Randall. Now that I'm going to be a teacher, I am afraid of the bad karma I deserve!
Just in case...I have a diaper genie ready for ya!!! (and I'll even show you how to use it!)
I was in an elevator with 15 other people riding up to the court room wishing I wouldn't get picked for jury duty. In front of everyone, this stupid lady asked if I were pregnant. I said "no." some people gasped lightly. The stupid lady didn't hear me, so she asked again this time louder. I turned to her very loudly and said, "NO I AM NOT PREGNANT. I'M JUST FAT!!" Needless to say, it was dead silent for the rest of the ride. I keep my weight in my stomach, so I have many "are you pregnant stories" I think people should be stoned for asking that question.
Post a Comment