Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Yeah, they're called doctors."

I finally graduated from college. I graduated from Utah Valley University with a B.S. in Business Management with an emphasis in Finance and Banking. I didn't walk (graduations are boring), but we got to see both sides of the family. We saw the Heckaman side for a wedding that happened the same week as finals that I'm sure Jen will blog about, and then we went up to Idaho on Friday the day of graduation (which was also our 5 year anniversary) for my niece's baptism on Saturday. That was a busy end of the month.

It's a bit weird not being in school anymore. I'm so used to having a test or paper in the back of my mind that it's taking some adjusting to that being gone. I'm also not used to being home at a decent hour every night. I've had to take night classes for so long that we got used to eating dinner at 8pm or later pretty often.

I'm finishing up my first week at my first real job. I got a job working in the international logistics department for Xango. Xango is an MLM company that sells a juice from a fruit called mangosteen. Don't worry, I'm not even allowed to be a distributor, so I won't try to sell it to you. Although I'm sure I'll have some on hand now so you can try a swig if you want.

I was already pretty familiar with Xango before I applied. I used to make signs for them right after my mission, and I used to sell promotional material about mangosteen juice to distributors at my last job. And of course they sponsor these guys:


That's Real Salt Lake for all you no good, no-soccer-watching hooligans out there.

So yeah, I'm pretty excited to be out in the "real world" now. I just have to get used to getting up before 7am every day. I haven't had to do that since my mission.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mike. I hope you enjoy your job. I've heard good things about Xango juice. I've heard it can cure just about anything!!!

NatalieT said...

I think that is just fantastic. It seems like you found a "real job" pretty fast. Congrats! Does Xango juice cure bad luck for not being able to sell a house? :)