Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yellowstone

Mike's parents took us to Yellowstone yesterday and we had a lot of fun. Our first stop was Old Faithful. We got there in pretty good timing--only had to wait about thirty minutes. However, the anticipation KILLED. They predict within 10 minutes, so we sat down ten minutes before the predicted time. We waited and waited and waited. The predicted time came and went, and finally, about seven minutes after the predicted time it went off. Oh, and it didn't help that it would randomly spurt out water every couple minutes, making us think it was time...




So then we went on a walk to another geyser and saw many on our way. We also had lunch at Old Faithful.



Of course we saw a lot of bison along the road. At a couple points they were lingering while crossing the road, holding up traffic.




We went to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and saw some waterfalls. They have a couple walkways that take you down real close to the falls and it was really neat to be that close. This was probably my favorite spot there.





At the end of the day, we were going to go to some hot springs--we got all the way there and found out it was closed. BUMMER!!! But, on the way, we saw the coolest animal to spot at Yellowstone. Two black bears. They were a ways away, but I promise they were there. They were chasing some elk. Look hard at the pictures!





So, it was fun. We decided I need a better camera. You could probably tell that from the pictures. Oh, and I know I got a lot of back shots of Mike. I promise he was looking at the camera in some pictures as well. I just didn't use those.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

It looks so pretty! I'm glad you had fun!

Anna said...

FUN!!!

Jenn J. said...

I'm glad you liked Yellowstone. I love that place. I just wish the geysers weren't so stinky.