Saturday, April 10, 2010

That he...

...is the only thing that I have wanted more than to have a classroom to call my own.

I went to an orientation today for a charter school up in Salt Lake. They are trying to fill quite a few positions and selected me to attend this orientation. Most of it was them trying to sell themselves to us, but we eventually did have a short group interview. I, of course, was with a couple other people who were History or Social Studies Composite. And, I was the one with the least experience or extra things I might be able to teach. Everytime someone said "I've taught this many years at that school in this subject" or "well, I have experience with this committee" it made me feel smaller and smaller. The only thing I have to offer is my GREAT desire to teach. I know that is something that is really important, but how do you show that off? How can I get them to see that I LOVE teaching, WANT to teach, and am GOOD at it?

No comments: